The Names of the Week are Carmen & Grant
Carmen is a unisex name, currently more popular for girls than boys in the U.S. It’s a Spanish form of “Carmel” as well as a Latin name, meaning “song”. Carmen is currently #358 for girls in the U.S.
A few places you may have heard the name Carmen…
* Carmen – Georges Bizet’s opera
* Carmen Miranda – actress/singer
* Carmen Electra – actress
* Carmen Sandiego – character from a game and TV show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
* Carmen Lowell – character in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants portrayed by America Ferrera
* Carmen Cortez – character in Spy Kids portrayed by Alexa Vega
Alternative Spellings – Karmen, Carmin, Carmyn
A few nickname ideas – Cami, Cara, Carma, Cari
A few middle name ideas for the name Carmen:
If you like the name Carmen, you may also like..
Cameron, Carmela, Camile, Carolyn, Carmina, or Carrie-ann.
Grant is derived from a Scottish surname meaning “great, large”. Grant is currently #462 in popularity for boys in the U.S.
A few places you may have heard the name Grant…
* Grant Morrison – author
* Grant Ward – a character in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
* Cary Grant – actor
* Ulysses S. Grant – former U.S. President
A few nickname ideas – Gray, Gran
A few middle name ideas for the name Grant:
If you like the name Grant, you may also like..
Gray, Graham, Garrett, Brant, Gilbert, or Kent
What do you think of the names Carmen & Grant?
Here’s to a wonderful week,