The Names of the Week are the royal duo of Charlotte & George
It’s been a huge week for the name Charlotte! First we heard the royals use the name Charlotte for little Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, then the name Charlotte moved into the top 10 most popular names for girls in the United States. Charlotte is currently #10 and I expect to see this timeless name continue to rise in coming years. Charlotte is a French name coming from the name Charles, meaning free man.
A few places you may have heard the name Charlotte…
* Princess Charlotte of Cambridge – royalty
* Charlotte Bronte – Writer
* Charlotte – character in the children’s book Charlotte’s Web
Alternative Spellings – Charlot, Sharlotte, Charlette
A few Nickname ideas – Lottie, Charlie, Char, Lettie, LeeLee, Cherie
A few middle name ideas for the name Charlotte:
* or take inspiration from the royal baby – Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
If you like the name Charlotte, you may also like..
Scarlett, Violet, Juliette, Colette, Margarette, or Lieselotte
Charlotte and George – a timeless sibling set for the sweet little royal babies. Prince George of Cambridge wears this name well. George is a Greek name meaning farmer. Not quite as popular as Charlotte, George is currently #134 in popularity for boys in the U.S.
A few places you may have heard the name George…
* George Washington – first US President
* Prince George of Cambridge – royalty
* George Harrison – musician
* George Clooney – actor
A few Nickname ideas – Geo, Georgie, Georges
A few middle name ideas for the name George:
* or take inspiration from the royal baby – George Alexander Louis
If you like the name George, you may also like..
Charles, Henry, Arthur, William, Philip, or Edward
What do you think of the names Charlotte & George?
A Royal Week to you,